Tuesday, July 2, 2013

july 2, 2013 - morning devotional

"If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, 
I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." 


This was the last sentence in my daily devotional book, Daily Light. It made me realize that allowing Christ is beneficial to us. Not only does He knock AND come in if we let Him, but He DINES with us. He sits and DINES with us. That is something so beautiful and so incredible to me. That the Creator of the heavens and earth wants to sit with us and dine with us. This is so real and so lovely. He cares about us. It's, like, He feeds us AND He keeps us company. He gives us the Word for food and is always by our side, the Holy Spirit. And I'm not saying that I only came to Christ because it was beneficial to me, me, me. Nor am I saying that you too should come to Christ because it would benefit you, you, you. So you can get rich and prosper in this life, or whatever. But what I'm saying is that it benefits our soul. It satisfies our soul when we make that choice. He comes in and fills that deep, deep void in you that can't be satisfied by drugs, smoking, alcohol, your friends, your addictions, money, music, your boyfriend, your girlfriend, sex, and anything else that you seem to grab hold to. Let Him come into your life and clothe you with righteousness, that is only from His Son, Jesus Christ. Let Him provide for you. He WANTS to dine with you. You just have to let Him come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment