When it came to treatments, I tried it all. Once it was so bad that I had to see a dermatologist. Which I would recommend, if you are able to go to one, then do it!
But anyway, as I got older, I've noticed that most natural and organic remedies work best.
Coconut oil:
I've been using coconut oil for my face for a year now. AND ITS AWESOME. While I was at bible college, I would apply coconut oil on my face and go into the hot springs and allow for it to just sit there as the steam kind of soothed and relaxed my face. Then I would wash it off with the hot spring water, which was warm and had natural minerals. (Note: I would do this at night.) My face would feel so SOFT and any swollen pimples were just.. not swollen again and smaller in size. It was great!
But the days that I didn't go into the hot springs, I would apply coconut oil on my face, right before bed. I would rub it in like a lotion, so I wouldn't apply much. Then as soon as I was done applying it on, I covered that with a THIN layer over it and left it there. Yup, that's right. I went to bed with it on. Then the next morning, I would just rinse it off with water. Sometimes I would washed it off with Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser (sold at Target.) Either or. :) But before going to bed with it on, I would place a clean towel over my pillow so that I wouldn't get oil on the pillow case, but on the towel. Get what I mean?
And sometimes I even apply it 10 minutes before I shower (and I put it in my hair too), and wash it off my face once I get in the shower with a tea tree oil soap bar.
There are other techniques I used with it; if you want to know, just ask! :)
Coconut oil is so amazing in so many ways. I suggest buying it at Trader Joe's, their's is thee best.
Tea tree oil:
Now this, I started using when I started my first semester at bible college when I roomed with this awesome lady. She was the definition of a hippie. I miss her tons!
But yes. We drove to Trader Joe's and I picked up tea tree oil in a little glass container and tea tree oil facial cleansing pads. Those, my friend, are magical.
Not only does tea tree oil remove acne, but it controls the oil in your face, reduces inflammation, and it just feels tingly and nice.
I would dab it on a cotton ball and dilute it with water. (It's extremely strong. The smell is super strong when it isn't diluted. And it numbs. Yikes!) Then apply it on the pimples that needed it. Then shortly after, it would dry them out and they would disappear.
With the cleansing pads, I would dab it on my nose (that's the oiliest part on my face) and wash it off with water. I would use it through out the day if I needed it. So you can use that whenever! I would also use it to remove make up whenever I ran out of facial wipes. And (again) wash it off with water. Highly recommended!
I also use a tea tree oil soap bar (that I have in the shower) for when I decide to apply coconut oil on my face. I just wash it right off with my tea tree oil soap bar. My face feels so clean right after!
Tea tree oil is awesome.
So part of the whole reason for this post was to lead up to the point that I have discovered a new face wash! All my life, I've used brands like Clearasil, Neutrogena, etc. They have all SUCKED and didn't do much of a good job, and left my skin so dry. SO DRY. Like it was FLAKING. I was so over having to hide it and having to pick at the skin that was flaking off. I was fed up and decided to go organic. BEST choice I've made for my face. I started using the brand Burt's Bees, and that is the only brand that does the job and DOESN'T dry out my face.
So the new face wash I got is called Burt's Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile (sold at Target.) It removes dirt, excess oil, and make up. It softens skin and helps with acne problems. You can even FEEL it working in your skin as you use it. It smells great and FEELS amazing. It leaves you happy, with a soft face, and a great tingling feeling. It leaves you satisfied knowing it did the job.
Here's more about it, if you want to look into it and read reviews:
http://www.burtsbees.com/natural-products/face-care-facial-cleansers/soap-bark-chamomile-deep-cleansing-cream.html
Hope this post helped you in any way. Remember that drinking water is also important for having clearer skin as well. Leave comments, questions, concerns, anything! :)
Love you all.
Oh! And here's a picture of it:

No comments:
Post a Comment