Wednesday, February 4, 2015

♡ January 2015 Favourites ♡

The first thing I want to say, before I start my January 2015 Favourites blog, is that I am not a "professional reviewer" at all. These are my own opinions and I am not being sponsored, by any means. I am also not a professional makeup artist. This is just a hobby and I really enjoy it and want to share with my readers. This is also my first ever favourites blog, so cut me some slack. ;) Please feel free to leave comments and list your top 3 January favourties in the comments below. Lets get started! 

♡ Skin Care Favourites 



bb seaweed fresh face mask by: lush

I have been using this fresh face mask since summer '14, when I first found out about it. And I LOVE it!!! Because its a fresh face mask, it needs to be kept in the fridge AND has an expiration date. It lasts about two weeks. So I would wear it after my workout (after washing my face of course) and just relax and treat my little self to some pampering. ♡ 
It smells like lavender, its baby pink, and has pieces of seaweed in it. So every time I use it, I feel like a mermaid! It has other amazing ingredients like rose, aloe vera, honey, olive oil, and loads more! That make your skin feel soft and happy, and personally, boosts my self-esteem. 














love lettuce fresh face mask by: lush
I just started using this fresh face mask this January and I wish I would have gotten it sooner! It smells a lot like like lavender, kind of like bb seaweed, but has different ingredients, besides lavender. It's green and has a gritty texture which is good for exfoliating and removing dirt. Which I love, because my face ALWAYS feels clean and refreshed after every use. It has amazing ingredients like ground almonds, almond oil, honey, and seaweed. It's SO great and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It balances out the oil on my t-zones and keeps me so clean.
I usually put it on (after washing my face) before my shower for 10 minutes and wash it off in the shower. I remove it by exfoliating my face with the mask (thats already on my face) in circular motions. I find that I can still feel the almond grounds on my hands so then I begin to rub it on my arms and legs and entire body to exfoliate. Its so worth the buy and I highly recommend it. :) It balances all skin types.













angels on bare skin face & body cleanser by: lush
Because my fiancé is in the military, him and I don't get to be with each other when we want (he lives in a different city, state, timezone than I do. Sad, I know.), he decided to get me my valentine's day present early. And this is one of them! I absolutely am amazed at this cleanser. Its not a liquid, but a solid. You pinch whats in the lush pot into your palm, add a few drops of water, and create a paste. Then you wash away! This smells like lavender (did you get the hint that I love all things lavender, yet?) and even has little pieces of lavender in it! So cute! 
My face can be really oily in hot seasons, and really dry in cold seasons, so I definitely need something to balance it out and this does the job! It's got lavender, rose, chamomile, and ground almonds. As well as different other ingredients. After using this, it leaves my face feeling so soft and so smooth AND super clean. angels on bare skin is the perfect name for this cleanser and you need to pick some up at your closest lush shop and do yourself a favour for this year. ♡ 
♡ Thank you, Justin for this amazing gift! I love you, so much. 










        strawberry body butter by: the body shop


This strawberry body butter is AMAZING. It leaves your skin super smooth and moisturized. Without the feeling of being too oily. The best way I could describe it as is giving your skin a drink of water.
I like to apply it after my shower. It leaves my skin feeling so good and hydrated at the same time. While still feeling clean from a shower.
The scent smells like strawberries and isn't overpowering. This is just perfect. :)














            mango body scrub by: the body shop

I got super lucky and scored so big when I came across this at a Marshalls. I love The Body Shop's scents on a lot of their products and this one is definitely one of them. My first ever The Body Shop product was a mango body butter that my old roommate from Canada gave me. I had never heard of The Body Shop, but was AMAZED at the quality of it. 
So, I had to jump on the opportunity of this body scrub!  And I don't regret it AT ALL. It exfoliates my skin so well and leaves it moisturized at the same time. Not only does it remove dead skin, but it also replenishes your skin with another drink of water, if you will.
A must have.  











                  pearl massage bar by: lush

This smells so much like roses. And I looooove roses. The massage bar speaks for itself. You massage your sore spots on your body with this and it melts directly onto your skin. I personally, not only love to use it for its massage purposes, but also use it as a solid lotion bar AND a solid perfume. It's one of my January favourites, for sure! Also because I had an incident at the beginning of the month where I got hurt and needed that massage bar so bad. So glad I picked it up. :)






















♡ Makeup Favourites 

just let it go... eye makeup remover by: rimmel london
I have been on the search for an eye makeup remover and came across this at my local target. I'm such a huge fan of anything uk, so finding out that Rimmel has this blew my mind. I really enjoy it! It isn't oily at all. It's basically just water to remove your eye makeup. It's even able to remove the mascara I'm about to mention, and that is soooo difficult to remove. It's such a great buy and a January favourite. :)



















they're real! mascara by: benefit
What can I say about They're Real!? Everyone and their mothers know about this mascara and I'll just leave it at that. :) 
Although, I will add that I always buy the travel sized tube. I don't wear mascara often because I already have thick, dark, and long eyelashes. But get whatever size you need!























select sheer/pressed powder by: mac
I LOVE having this with me on the go! Or whenever I need to pat my face with powder. ♡ I use the shade NC5. It's very lightweight and has full coverage. I have pinky and red undertones and it does it's job to cover so well. And I pat my t-zones throughout the day if needed. This is a lifesaver. This is a January Favourite. This is my life favourite. ♡ Thank you momma, for this amazing buy. 




















match perfection liquid foundation by: rimmel london
This is such an amazing liquid foundation that I've been using since I first found out about it. It's now my go-to. For a drug store product, it serves as a high end foundation would. It's so lightweight, has FLAWLESS coverage, has SPF 18, and leaves your face glowy and dewy in the perfect way possible. [inset heart eyes.] It even smells great too.
I use the shade 101 Classic Ivory.



















amazonian clay full coverage airbrush foundation by: tarte
The name of this is such a mouthful, but it describes it to the t. it definitely has the airbrush effect for a flawless finish. Again, its been a favourite since I first found out about it and needed it to be in my January favourites.  It's got a full 12hr coverage and its lightweight. If you haven't noticed, I love lightweight when it comes to makeup. I want to be able to feel nothing on my face because its important to me that my face BREATHES. What made me fall in love with it instantly was when I applied it on at the store and layered quite a lot ONLY BECAUSE I was amazed at how AMAZING the coverage was and how EXTREMELY lightweight it is. :) It's a life favourite, too.
It's got a net. Its hard to explain, but I'll leave you the link to it.
I use the shade Fair Honey.
airbuki bamboo powder foundation brush by: tarte
I just recently bought the brush and in all honesty, if you buy the foundation, you HAVE to buy the brush. If you don't, its like buying a car without the car keys. As simple as that.
Shoutout to Kayla for introducing me to this! Thanks, girl! 










natural bronzer by: rimmel london
I just recently started using bronzer. I was all about my fair skin and pink blush and eyeliner. Just a basic girl, haha. But started getting into my makeup game so much stronger. This is the first bronzer I've bought and looking more into buying new ones and conturing. But I've promised myself that I won't buy more until I finish my products. BUT ANYWAY. This bronzer is sooooo great. AND its by Rimmel.  Its shimmery but not overwhelming. The label says it's 10hr wear. I use the shade 020 Sunshine. I will definitely purchase this again when I'm out. :)


















lighten up! illuminating concealer by: flower beauty
If you know anything about me, you know I adore Drew Barrymore.  So when I found out she was relasing a makeup line, I was all about it. And the thing I really needed at the time was a brightening concealer. I use this for the bridge of my nose, eyebrow bone, cheeks, and anything else I want to be brightened. It has the Flower Beauty brand on the packaging, but it rubbed off over time. The applicator is a brush and the bottom is a twisty thing. I use the shade BC1. 


















melba matte powder blush by: mac
You can never go wrong with MAC blushes. I highly recommend this or any MAC blush in general. What I like about this is that its a heavy colour, so you can layer it to what you want. I usually get my blush brush and go through it once, apply, go through again, and apply. Thats the shade I like. Because I don't pile on a ton of makeup, this will last me a long time! :)  Again, thank you, momma. 




















all-in-one instablur makeup primer by: the body shop
I love everything The Body Shop. I also love everything uk. So when my favourite uk makeup gurus talked about this in numerous of their videos and used it in tutorials, I had to try it! It's so perfect!!!! It keeps my makeup on FOR AGES, it blurs out my imperfections, which gives me a great pallet to work with on my makeup, its shine controlling, and reduces my pores. It's rather pricey for this small tube, so I need to make this last and not go too Instablur crazy.


















honeymania lip butter by: the body shop
This is basically conditioner for your lips. This winter, my lips were very dry, but not chapped. So this was my lifesaver. It makes my lips feel so SOFT and it doesn't feel heavy on my lips. This is perfect and I don't think I'm going to turn to any other lip balm there is. (Unless its Baby Lips by Maybelline, but you know what I mean.) 
It's a honey floral scent that isn't overpowering at all. 





















popcorn lip scrub by: lush
When I bought this, I loved it. Then for a time, I didn't enjoy the taste. Then I began to like it again. Its so amazing and does it's job. It doesn't taste nor does it smell like popcorn. I taste and smell a toffee scent. But that could just be me. This is really great and you just apply it, scrub, and lick the excess off. Completely edible. Completely effective. 






















colorburst balm stain by: revlon
I think these are the perfect chubby lipsticks and have long lasting wear for them being drug store items. Everyone talks about these and they are worth the hype. I really like these two shades 045 Romantic (left) and 001 Honey (right). I do have to mention that with Romantic, you can layer it on so it can be a light red or a darker red. And Honey is such an amazing everyday lip colour and has a minty taste and feel. I adore these things so much and want everyone in the world to have them.





















summit of style nail polish by: essie
Justin got this for me when he came to visit for Christmas. Its so gorgeous and I currently like to top coat it with black. It also goes amazing with nudes and pastels.





















quenched sea mineral moisture by: ogx
This will always be my go to for my hair. Its like giving my hair coconut water to hydrate. It even smells like coconut too. :) It's got sea kelp, sea minerals, and algae. It's for damaged, dry hair, and split ends. I just spritz this after my shower and it does wonders! 

















just say... yes makeup/pencil bag by: zoella

Zoe is one of my favourite makeup gurus and I was going to get her teal makeup bag and candle, but they were sold out! So I just kept waiting for the website to restock. Then one morning I check on Twitter and see that she RELEASED A NEW BAG. Its pink with gold polka dots and I loooOOoooove gold. AND it was on sale, so I bought two. No shame at all. This bag is so roomy. All my brushes and make up fit into this and I love this purchase so much. Thank you, Zoe!!! 




















♡ Other Favourites 

pumpkin caramel latte / eucalyptus mint & rain candles by: bath & body works  
I wont go into much detail with these, since I've done a blog post on one of these candles. Honestly, any candle from Bath & Body Works is amazing. The scent is long lasting and strong. Buy yourself one and you can thank me later. ;) 
Pumpkin caramel latte was a gift from two amazing sisters in my life, I'd like to add. This is a fall selection, so they don't sell it anymore. [insert crying emoji.] 



















stress relief eucalyptus spearmint / paris amour hand sanitizers by: bath & body works
As random as this may be, don't deny that hand sanitizer is a necessity. The eucalyptus spearmint is self explanatory. I love the scent of both. I cant really describe the Paris Amour scent other than that it's lightly floraly-perfumey. It also has glitter and it's so cute!





















2015 planner by: sugarpaper
I got this planner because I'm starting school soon and need to be somewhat organized. So I thought that a cute planner would work, and it has been so far. :) Not much to say other than LOOK HOW CUTE IT IS!!!!!
I bought this at Target, by the way.























portable charger by: my charger

This is something that I really needed when I had my iPhone 4s and it would die every other second. Now that I have the iPhone 6, I don't need it as much. But I carry it in my purse wherever I go because you never know when you're going to need it. 
Another Target buy. 




















strawberry cereal bars by: trader joes / organic raw almonds by: whole foods
I want to start eating healthy this year so I bought myself these snacks and they are soooooo delicious and good for you. While I was at bible college, I used to always snack on almonds and accompany it with water. Almonds are so good for you. [insert heart eyes.]
As for the cereal bars, I love all things strawberry so that speaks for itself. ;)   




















nike flex run 2014
Justin got me these for my birthday and I've been wearing them almost everyday now. I've worked out in them and they have so much support! They're lightweight and super comfortable. I love them so much! 

1 comment:

  1. Loved loved loved this! It was great Alexis! Thanks for the shoutout ;P

    ReplyDelete